If you're a software developer, you're already familiar with MSDN (Microsoft Developer's Network) and know what this is all about! And yes, we are going to give away this certificate to one lucky winner on February 2, 2006.
On that day, we will run our random number generator with the total number of entries and let it tell us which lucky record will contain the name of the person who gets a one year subscription to Visual Studio Team Suite 2005 with Microsoft Developer's Network Premium Subscription...worth nearly $11,000 USD!
Microsoft recently launched the 2005 Visual Studio Team Suite. Visual Studio is Microsoft's premiere development environment, updated for .NET. In it, you get all the individual software development languages packed into one integrated suite. Plus you get all the extra tools and learning features to become a primo software developer. But this is also the Team Suite, which includes all the extras for a team of developers to work together in a team environment, including project management and beta testing tools...all the cool bells and whistles you need to get your group together and develop the next great software!
Now that's an incredible deal. But this next part just blows me away!
Microsoft has also bundled up this incredible software developer's team suite...with a one year license to an MSDN Premiere Subscription! Those of us lucky enough to have someone purchase this for us know how valuable this subscription is. Need to test your newly built software on Windows? No problem, download a version of Windows, install it and get the group testing. Need to see if it works with Microsoft Office...download a version of Office, install it and start testing. Need an SQL server or Windows Server to see how your new software runs...no problem, download all the Microsoft software you need and get busy. Operating systems, Office Suites, Servers, Tools, training...whatever Microsoft business software you need, you need only go to the web site and download it. Your MSDN developer's license covers all your testing software. Well, that...and the $10,939.00 license fee that your company paid for you to access all this!
But now, with this subscription...heck, you can start your own development business!
To help kick off the launch of the new 2005 edition of Visual Studio, Microsoft has generously given us THREE subscriptions to give away! The first one will be given away this month with the winner selected, at random from eligible entries, on February 2, 2006 (Chicago Time).
How do you get a chance to be in this drawing? Well, of course, you need to be a subscriber to TechTrax for starters. Then you need to jump through one hoop to qualify.
You see, this is an incredible gift! So we're not going to give it away to just anyone. (The image below shows you just some of the software access you'll get.)
This is why we would hope that the winner will be a developer, or developer wanna-be who will take full advantage of this valuable package. You can certainly become a very good developer with all this stuff! So we've put together a little test to see if you have what it takes. You'll find the link below.
The quiz is a combination of 10 questions, submitted by a few developer MVPs. (Big thanks to Bill Coan, Cindy Meister, Dawn Crosier, Greg Chapman and Ray Costanzo...who helped me put this quiz together and test it.) You will need to get at least 7 questions correct in order to have your name entered in our drawing. Granted, if you're a skilled dev wanna-be, you can find the answers. We are just hoping to weed out the drive bys who are only looking for a quick, valuable freebie.
- You will start by clicking the Start the Quiz link at the bottom of this article.
- You will be asked to enter your name and email into the first page. As long as your email address is located in our TechTrax database, you're on your way. You can sign up for a free subscription here: Subscribe to TechTrax.
- You will then be presented with 10 questions drawn from various developer languages, such as ASP, VBA, VB, XML, SQL and so on.
- You will select your answer from the multiple choice option buttons, and click Next to move through the 10 questions.
- Note that you may feel free to move back and forth through the questions...changing your answers as you feel the need. BUT...pay attention! As soon as you click that final button to get your score...your score will become locked into our database and you are done! Yes, you can continue moving back and forth, even changing your answers...but your final score will not be altered at that point, so any attempts to change your score will be futile.
- Also know that the test session will timeout in one hour if you don't move around within the test. So if you're off digging up the answers on the web, be sure to click something now and then to keep the session live in order to finish. Although, as long as you have not locked in that final page...you can restart the quiz, should you get kicked out of it for some reason.
- Finally, understand that you will not be given the answers at the end, for obvious reasons. The answers and logic behind the questions will be presented in the February issue of TechTrax, along with the name of our winner. So if you don't get that magical email on Feb 2, come back to meet the lucky winner who did. On the last page, however, you will see your score. You will also see the numbers of any questions you got wrong. You might want to write those down so you can compare them against the answers next month.
Only those subscribers who answer at least SEVEN questions correctly will have their entry validated so they will be a part of the drawing.
But wait! Know that if you are a TechTrax Member, you will be able to enter the drawing through your member's page. No need to take the quiz! Yet another advantage of being a TechTrax Member...entries to all drawings, with no hoops!
And remember, once we send out that winning email, you'll have 24 hours from the time on the email to reply to claim your prize. If you don't reply, or if your inbox is filled up and the message bounced back to us...we will move on and choose a new winner. So clean out that in box on Groundhog Day!
The other two VS 2005/MSDN subscription certificates will be given away in the near future, so stay tuned. AND GOOD LUCK!
Start the Quiz